Our policy wording has been updated since you last took out or renewed your policy with us.
These updates will affect all Premier Plus policyholders and those who have chosen to add the options listed below onto their Premier home insurance policy.
A summary of the changes, your new policy wording and current IPIDs can be found below.
Annual Travel Cover
Policies taken out or renewed from 1st November 2021
This impacts all Premier Plus policyholders and those who have chosen to add on Travel Cover to their home insurance policy renewing from 1st November 2021.
Please note that the provider of the annual travel cover you have added to your home insurance policy will change to Rock Insurance Services Limited if you purchase or renewal a policy on or after 1st November 2021.
Whilst your cover limits remain the same, we must make you aware of the following changes in order for you to assess if this cover still meets your needs.
New restrictions added
- You must be a resident of the United Kingdom and registered with a GP.
- You must be in the UK, and not already travelling when you buy your policy.
- Your trip must start and end in the United Kingdom and you must have a return ticket.
- Cover will not be provided for any claims arising from breaching travel regulations by the government of any country.
- Cover will not be provided for sums that can be recovered by your private health insurance. You will not have to pay the excess under the Medical Expenses section if you can evidence that the medical fee had been reduced.
New enhanced cover
- Airport lounge access – if your flight is delayed by at least two hours due to strike, industrial action, adverse weather conditions or mechanical breakdown/technical, we will provide access to an airport lounge, where available.
- Additional terms under cancellation/curtailment - your booked accommodation being required to close after you have checked in because of you, a guest or employee being diagnosed with coronavirus; or you or your travel companion being denied boarding following either a coronavirus diagnosis or receiving a temperature test or other medical test reading which falls outside of the transport provider’s terms of travel.
Your new Travel IPID
Your updated policy wording
Policies taken out or renewed between 1st April 2021 and 31st October 2021
This impacts all Signature policyholders and those who have chosen to add on Travel Cover to their home insurance policy.
With recent amendments to Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice, from 1st April, we have removed the general exclusion relating to COVID-19 in your policy document, which means we are now able to provide you with enhanced cover and extra protection for claims relating to COVID-19, under:
- Section A (Cancelling and cutting short your holiday) because you, or member of their family or travelling party becomes ill with Coronavirus or must quarantine as a result of medically diagnosed Coronavirus.
- Section B (Medical and other expenses) for treatment needed abroad, including up to £2,000 for additional accommodation and travel expenses if trips need to be extended following treatment for Coronavirus.
Your new Travel IPID
Your updated policy wording (Section F – Annual Travel Cover).
This impacts all Signature policyholders and those who have chosen to add Home Emergency cover to their home insurance policy.
- Telling us about your claim and What happens next sections have replaced How to Tell us about your claim. Please note contact details have not changed.
- The process for claims relating to biomass boiler or anaerobic digester systems.
Your Home Emergency IPID has not changed.
Your updated policy wording (Section E Home Emergency Cover).
This impacts all Signature policyholders and those who have chosen to add Legal Protection and Identity Theft Protection to their home insurance policy.
- Your Legal Protection & Identity Theft cover now includes a confidential counselling and assistance helpline. Details can be found on page 47 of the policy wording below.
- For claims that arise from contracts to carry out construction work, or the design, conversion or extension of any building where the dispute arises from an agreement in excess of £6,000 were formerly excluded. We have amended this exclusion to raise the sum for which cover is available from £6,000 to £10,000. This could make it easier for you to make a claim against the policy.
- We have also tightened the exclusion to refer to agreements that are ancillary to a contract that exceeds £10,000. This means that if you enter into different contracts for construction and other related work to be carried out (for example project management), where you have a contract that exceeds £10,000, a dispute that arises from any smaller contracts that have been entered into which support the contract that exceeds £10,000 or are ancillary to it will also not be covered.
Your new Legal Protection and Identity Theft IPID
Your updated policy wording (Section D – Legal Protection and Identity Theft Protection).
Together Mutual Insurance is a trading name of UIA (Insurance) Ltd.