10. The difference between Buildings and Contents Insurance
Buildings Insurance provides cover for the physical structure of your home, including:
- fixtures and fittings, such as baths and toilets
- fitted kitchens
- interior decorations
It will usually covers greenhouses and gardens as well, but this is worth checking in your policy documents.
Contents Insurance covers you for just about everything you would take with you if you moved house, including:
- televisions, computers and other household electronics
- kitchen equipment
Some policies will include the contents of the garden and garage as well.
Taking out combined Buildings & Contents Insurance with Together Mutual Insurance will ensure that the majority of your assets are protected, and you’ll also get a 10% saving.
What’s included in Together’s Buildings & Contents Insurance?
Our highest level of cover includes all of the following, but we also offer different levels of cover to suit your needs:
- Unlimited Buildings Cover
- £150,000 Contents Cover
- £5,000,000 Public Liability Cover
- £50,000 Rent/Accommodation Cover
- £7,500 Trace & Access Cover
- Home Emergency Cover
- Accidental Damage Cover
- Annual Travel Cover
- Domestic Legal & Identity Theft Protection
- £1,000 Garden Contents Cover
- £1,000 Freezer Contents Cover
- No Standard Excess (apart from escape of water or subsidence claims).
Just call our Customer Services team on 01438 761 670 to talk about any personal requirements you may have.
Save money when you switch
Together Mutual Insurance will help cover any switching costs (up to £50) incurred from your current insurance provider if you decide to switch your Buildings or Contents Insurance to us. You just need to provide us with evidence of the charge.
Get A Quote
Find out how much you can save on your Home Insurance.
Buildings & Contents Insurance
Get an additional 10% off and insure everything in your home in one go with our combined Buildings & Contents Insurance.
Protect Your Home
Find out how you can make sure your home is protected, or what to do if you need to fix something.