Home Insurance Guides

Want to know more about coverage, claims or how to reduce your premiums? Our guides will help you.

9. What items aren’t covered by our standard Contents Insurance?

There are some specialist or expensive possessions that may not fall under the standard cover of your Contents Insurance, and so it’s best to check whether you’ll need additional cover.


A ‘valuable’ item is normally an item that will cost a lot of money to replace or repair and may make your property more appealing to burglars. Valuable items are:

  • Jewellery
  • Works of art
  • Antiques.

If you think you may have valuable items in your home, give us a call on 01438 761 670. We’ll talk you through what you need to do to make sure you’re fully covered.

Specified items away from the home

You can extend your Contents Cover so that basic items are insured away from the home. You may also want additional cover for specified items, such as:

  • Bicycles
  • Laptops
  • MP3 players
  • Sporting and camping equipment.

There can be some crossover between ‘valuable items’ and those that fall under the term ‘away from home’, like jewellery or bikes for instance. If you’re in any doubt, just call our policy helpline on 01438 761 670.





Get A Quote

Find out how much you can save on your Home Insurance.

Buildings & Contents Insurance

Get an additional 10% off and insure everything in your home in one go with our combined Buildings & Contents Insurance.

Protect Your Home

Find out how you can make sure your home is protected, or what to do if you need to fix something.